Monday, December 8, 2014

My Favorite Ornaments - Sunday School


I always loved when we would pick up our babies on Sundays from Nursery or Sunday School and they had made some craft that day that was awkwardly shaped and still had wet glue and
glitter dripping off of it…okay, so not really.

I usually had a baby in one arm and a diaper bag over the other and then suddenly, I was picking up a toddler or preschooler who was handing me a craft that I had no place to put and I couldn't let them hold it as they would glue it to their Sunday dress clothes! And while I was trying to finagle all this, they would be off, running down the hallway while I tried to catch them. And this was when we only had 3!!

Those were the days! Those precious, crazy days that I now miss…but only my once little babies, not the crafts!

But these three are some of my favorites as they are reminders of my now big kids when they were sweet and innocent.
These crafts took some forethought and there was no wet glue dripping when they were completed.

Moriah was two years and Micah was one in these pictures and I even remember the outfits they were wearing and how cute they always were when they wore them.

At this age, they were both into everything, but always together. They were a team and whatever Moriah would think of to get into, Micah followed right behind, usually with both arms in the air like Clyde the orangutan, from the movie, "Every Which Way but Lose" with Clint Eastwood. I guess it helped him balance, I really don't know. All I know is that it was always very funny and sweet. I even have photos of the time those two decided to pull every, single toy out of the toy box and then play inside of it. I'm pretty sure it was Moriah's idea. :D

This one of Malachi was made when he was seven. I remember how he always had to tell me every detail from class and what they did and what the teacher said and how the kids acted and on and on and on! ;D

He still does that today, to some degree, in that whatever he is talking about, he wants to give every detail. I really have no clue where that came from or why he thinks it is so important for everyone to hear the story! (In all honesty, he gets that completely and totally from me. Wow, that felt really good to get that out in the open!) ;D

If I know Malachi, he probably was giving a thumbs-up in this picture just like his dad does for practically every photo ever taken of him! :D

These ornaments might not be the most beautiful ones on my tree, but they each hold a special place in my heart and bring back precious memories of those Sunday School years, even with all the wet, dripping glue and glitter crafts that sometimes didn't make it home. ;D

No comments:

Post a Comment