Sunday, December 21, 2014

My Favorite Ornaments - For God so Loved...

This ornament speaks for itself, but it doesn't hurt to remind ourselves on a regular basis how truly big our God is…


Who has scooped up the ocean in his two hands, or measured the sky between his thumb and little finger, Who has put all the earth’s dirt in one of his baskets, weighed each mountain and hill? Isaiah 40:12

This is what the Lord says: 
"Heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool."
Isaiah 66:1a




The picture is stunning when you reflect on the depth of what our Savior did for us.
Not only did He create this world for us and holds it in His hands, but He also came to earth for us, taking the nails in those same hands, dying for what we did and still do (at times), so that we might have eternal life!

He loved us enough to die for us BEFORE we chose Him!

He still loves people today who hate and despise Him, having died for them too!

What can we offer Him in return for such an awesome gift?

All we can give is our lives, in full abandon, to Him. Allowing Him control is often hard to do and we often struggle to take back that control from Him.

But I think, no, I know that our reward for doing so will be so much greater if we allow Him to be in charge.

He does know what He is doing and although we often can not see what is around the next corner, He can!

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the Lord. 
"As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways 
and my thoughts than your thoughts." 
Isaiah 55:8-9

I know you remember the song we sang as children, "He's Got the Whole World in His Hands."

The lyrics are:
He's got the whole world in His hands.
He's got my brothers and my sisters in His hands.
He's got the sun and the rain in His hands.
He's got the moon and the stars in His hands.
He's got the wind and the clouds in His hands.
He's got the rivers and the mountains in His hands.
He's got the oceans and the seas in His hands.
He's got you and He's got me in His hands.
He's got everybody here in His hands.
He's got everybody there in His hands.
He's got everybody everywhere in His hands.
He's got the whole world in His hands.

He has us in His hands! What an awesome God we serve!

This ornament means more to me every year as I encounter His continual faithfulness in my life!

Thank you Jesus that you hold us all in Your perfectly capable, faithful and loving hands!

No comments:

Post a Comment