Saturday, December 27, 2014

My Favorite Ornaments - Little Women & Teapots

Okay, I am a little late on Day 27 as well, but here it is!
Meg

I was so excited when Hallmark started the 
Little Women Series! 
Jo















One of my favorite classics was being made into a series of ornaments that I could buy for Moriah. 

Beth
We collected all four sisters 
over the next four Christmases.
Amy




















Shortly after, Hallmark began the Miniature Teapot series and they were so cute that over the next three years we collected each one for Moriah as well.









And then, our last Christmas in the States, Hallmark created the Alice in the Teapot ornament from the Disney live-action Alice in Wonderland movie.









Over the years, we had collected these ornaments for Moriah never realizing how fitting they would be for her developing personality.






Now, at age 14, she is our avid book reader, who adores classics. Not only that, but she loves to sit and read while sipping on different flavors of hot tea.

We surely could not have known how perfectly these ornaments would reflect her personality when we purchased them.


And, of course, that reminds me of our Heavenly Father and how He creates and places gifts in our lives that we often wonder what they are for or about, at the time. Then, sometimes, years later, we look back at those gifts and are amazed at how perfect God’s choice was for us.

Now, I don’t believe in any way, that we bought those ornaments knowing how Moriah’s personality and hobbies would develop. I think that was just coincidence.

But I don’t believe that there are coincidences with God. I believe He knows us and gives us gifts, sometimes a little earlier than we expect them, to see how we will react and what we will do with those gifts.

My prayer is that I will take special care of the gifts that God has placed in my life. And that when the time comes to use them, I will have allowed Him to perfect  those gifts in me, so that I can use them for His glory.























No comments:

Post a Comment