Saturday, December 27, 2014

My Favorite Ornaments - Fire Trucks & Comic Books


I missed a day! So pretend this is the 26th! :D

All of these ornaments are Malachi’s! Of all our kids, Malachi seemed to fall into this perfect timing where new ornament series were starting with Hallmark and so we could buy those for him each year. 

As you have seen already, he had the train series from birth to four. 
He had the Firetruck series with lights and sounds from five to nine.
Then he had the Comic book of Super Heroes series from ten to thirteen.


And his last three ornaments have been in Costa Rica and Venezuela.




I always loved the Series ornaments as it gave us something else to look forward to each Christmas season with the introduction of the next in the series.

You know, that makes me think about the fact that we should always be looking forward to the introduction of the “next in the series” of things God is continually teaching us in our lives. 




Sometimes the things He teaches us are hard lessons and so, we oftentimes, don’t look forward to what is next.

But, most of the time, if we are willing to be open and always learning, God will teach us amazing things that will grow us in faith and maturity.





As this year comes to a close and 2015 looms ahead, I am excited about the “next in the series” of what God is going to do in me and through me as I willingly (and that is hard for stubborn-old me), allow Him to work in my life.










No comments:

Post a Comment