Friday, December 19, 2014

My Favorite Ornaments - JOY

For many years, I would see the word "JOY" displayed in yards with the nativity in the "O" during the Christmas season and would always think or even say how much I loved it and wanted one in my yard the next year. 

Although that never happened (and I'm glad it didn't since I couldn't have taken it with me), I had the privilege of receiving this ornament one year and it is one that I not only treasure, but was able to take with me! :D
The word "JOY" is the perfect description for what this season should be about and bring into our lives.

We all tend to get carried away, from time to time, with the details of the season and lose sight of our true reason for celebrating, sometimes in the midst of reminding ourselves to slow down.

But our JOY shouldn't end when the Christmas season ends!

In fact, it should only be the beginning of another year that starts, not with New Year's Day, but with the JOY of Christmas.

Christmas Day should represent our new year as we recall what God has done for us and in us over the past year and what the new year holds for us…beginning with…

...the JOY of His birth!

...the JOY of His love!

...the JOY of His peace!

...the JOY of His mercy!

…the JOY of His grace!

…but above all, the JOY of His Presence in our daily lives!

Thank you, Jesus, that You, not only bring JOY into our lives, but You are our everlasting JOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment