Saturday, December 20, 2014

My Favorite Ornaments - An Angel Tells the Story

Our last Christmas in the US, I saw this ornament and asked Scott for it as part of my present that year. 

I love every part of it. I love the angel holding the star and looking down upon the 3D manger scene. I love the colors and the intricate detail.
But there is so much more in the details than the colors and the amazing craftsmanship.

The angel was sent to declare the news to the Shepherds.

The star was placed to point the way to the Wise men.

They all, from the lowliest of humans to the wisest of men, came to see the baby, our King.

In His most vulnerable moment as a human baby, yet still God in the flesh, He was worshipped.

And He asks that we, in our most vulnerable moments, worship Him too. Can we lay all our burdens before our Savior and worship Him fully, allowing Him to work out the details?

Our ginormous problems are mere specks to Him!

If we could only see the details of our lives through His eyes…would we see the picture we have formed in our mind or each perfect piece that He has put together to form the puzzle of our lives? 

Would we see the time He has taken with each one of us to make us who we are?

Would we put the whole picture together and see what God is creating in and through our lives?

This ornament is beautiful for the intricate details and the time spent perfecting it. And so are our lives…we are beautiful for the intricate details and the time God has spent (and is still spending) perfecting us. 

He made us in His image…are we reflecting Him accurately? 

Thank you Jesus for the time that you have spent and still do making me the vessel that you want me to be and working out all the details of my life. Help me to see the picture of my life through Your eyes and not my own! And may I reflect You in all that I do and worship You for Who You are! 

No comments:

Post a Comment