Thursday, December 18, 2014

My Favorite Ornaments - Born for Everyone

My children received this ornament one year from their Kidz Alive Children’s Church. 

It looks like any ordinary kid’s ornament, but to me, it is extra-special.

I don’t know if it is because we are missionaries or some other reason...all I know is that when I look at it...it brings this overwhelming bubbling up of joy in my heart.

As most of us, who grew up in the church, did, I learned the songs “Jesus Loves Me” and “Jesus Loves the Little Children” as a little child. But my favorite has always been the latter. Maybe it is because of my love for childrenI don't really know.

When I read in the Scriptures about people from every nation, tribe and tongue together praising our King one day, I get goosebumps imagining it. 

There is something special about all the different people in the world who have nothing in common except a love for Jesus. We may not be able to communicate with one another, but sharing the same Father makes us family.

As a missionary serving in a country where they don’t speak my native tongue, it can be difficult at times, but when we stand together in church on Sunday and worship our Savior, it doesn’t matter what language anyone there speaks. Our hearts share the same message...an awesome adoration of our Lord.

When I look at this ornament...

...it reminds me of the family of God.

...it reminds me of the Hope of Salvation.

...it reminds me that Jesus loves ALL the children of the world.

...it reminds me that He was born for EVERYONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment