Wednesday, December 24, 2014

My Favorite Ornaments - The Nail

I can't believe it. 

It's Christmas Eve 2014!

What happened to this year?  It has come and gone, in what feels like, a blink of an eye.

This month has flown by, and with each blog post, I have been shocked at the rapid pace of its departure.

Although I will finish out this month with the rest of my favorites (including my second all-time favorite on the 31st), today's post is about the single most important ornament hanging on our tree.

It is The Christmas Nail...
It came in a box with a note that reads…

This is the Christmas Nail. 
It is to be hung on a sturdy branch,
a branch near the trunk,
a branch that will hold such a spike 
without being noticed 
by well-wishers dropping by to admire
one's tinseled tree.
The nail is known only to the home that hangs it.
Understood only by the heart that knows its significance. 

It is hung with the thought…

The Christmas tree but foreshadows
the Christ-tree which only HE
could decorate for us,
ornamented with nails as this.

I cannot think of any more fitting words to describe this nail, only that it goes on our tree FIRST every year and is placed where only our family knows that it hangs...at the bottom...under the tree...just like our foundation that is firmly built on Him.

Thank you Jesus that you decorated a tree for me and paid the ransom for my life and every life!!

No comments:

Post a Comment