Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Willing to Wait

Today has finally arrived! The day we thought would never come.

We are on our way to Costa Rica right this minute. In fact, as I type this, we are sitting at our Gate in Miami waiting to board our flight to CR.

I have had a story on my heart that I have wanted to share with you for several days. The initial thought came on Friday morning and in the final packing, I actually discovered more details about the story I am sharing below.

So, here I am, sharing this with you. Mainly, because someone out there needs to hear this. I don't know who, but you know who you are and God wants you to hear from Him today. This doesn't mean that I am prophetic by any stretch of the imagination, just that I feel so urgent about sharing this that I feel that only God would put this urgency in my spirit. Maybe....I needed to hear this.

Okay, so enough with that.

The story surrounding Abraham and Ishmael has always left a very deep impression on me. I don't know if it is because of the troubles in the Middle East today due to Abraham's decision, or because he took another woman into his bedroom, or because he tried to make a promise of God happen in his time.

Let me say that one again, he tried to make a promise of God happen in HIS time, not God's.

God had promised Abraham a son. He had promised that he would be the father of nations, and his descendants would be more numerous than the stars in the sky and the sands of the sea.

Yet, God made him wait. Oh, that dreaded word we all hate...WAIT!!

In fact, he waited 25 years for the promise to be fulfilled.

But, in the meantime, Abraham felt that God was taking too long and he was tired of waiting.

So, he did what we all tend to do at times, he tried to help God out. How many of us have tried to help God out? Because obviously He is not working fast enough for us! (sarcasm)

Let me just write out what I am trying to say here: WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE TO HELP GOD FULFILL A PROMISE THAT HE HAS GIVEN TO US!! Yes, we need to be proactive and not sit with our arms crossed waiting on God to bring everything to our doorstep. But as we do what we know to do, HE will do what HE needs to do and all the details will fall into place.

I Thess. 5:24 says, "Faithful is He who has called you and He will do it." He will do what He has said he will do. It means that we should let Him work out the details in His timing and WAIT on Him to fulfill His promises in our life.

Now you may be wondering what triggered all this.

Well...God reminded me of an incident that occurred in 2004. I have not thought about this for many years, but it came back to me all of a sudden on Friday morning as I was preparing for my final test to become certified in ministry.

In 2004, we had a man named Gerald Davis come to our house from Terminix. We conversed with a little small talk and then he said something to me...

He talked about how he had never met Scott, but he felt strangely connected to him, knew he was a hard worker and he saw us in children's ministry, not our own! ;D

And then he said the strangest thing. He said that God was going to bring in financial blessings from all directions. He specifically stated he saw it coming from the north, south, east and west.

After he left, I wrote down what he said, and over the years I have come across the notes several times. I have often wondered what was meant by those words, but one thing I knew very clearly in my spirit...

If the Word was from God, at some point it would come to pass. 
If it was not from God, then it wouldn't happen. 
It is as simple as that.

So, I have waited and waited some more. And every time I have run across those notes, I have wondered if and when those words would ever take place.

One thing I didn't do (at least this time) was get ahead of God. He sent me a Word and I waited (again, a once-in-a-blue-moon event) for it to come to pass.

And on Friday morning it hit me like a lead balloon or a brick wall, whichever you choose.

It was a Word from God and it did come to pass!!

Of all the different thoughts and ideas I have had over the last 8 years about what those words could possibly mean or be about, I would have never thought they meant what ultimately has come to pass.

Had I tried to "make" that Word come to pass, I would have screwed it up and possibly even missed God completely.

Instead, we are sitting here with 100% of our support, cash and monthly, waiting to board the plane for  our flight to Costa Rica for language studies.

And those funds...

Those monthly commitments...

Those cash love offerings...


...they ALL came from the North, South, East & West!

God is faithful and His Word never fails!

Are we going to try and "make" His promises happen in our time?

Or are we willing to wait on His timing for His promises to be revealed?

His Timing is Perfect & Today is our Proof Positive!!

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this! Oh how we miss opportunities that are placed before us just in passing. You actually took the time to write what he said down. Because your were listening...not just to the words he spoke but to God's voice. We live in a hurry up world and yes waiting is hard, but the blessings that come from it are out of this world!! Love yall!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. God has a gentle way of reminding us of HIS words, and I'm so glad HE does. Beautiful story, beautiful message, beautiful miracle! HE makes all things beautiful in HIS time.

    I suspect you have already arrived at your destination by now. We are thinking of you and praying for you as you continue to walk out HIS purpose for your lives.

    Blessings & Hugs to all of you from the Cason's!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Charity! Wow, what a word! I believe God is using you to encourage me. You see, for some time now, Geoff has been wanting to sell our house. He felt that it was time. I resisted every time until June of this year when I felt the release to do it. We prepared our home for the sale and the house went on the market. On the very same day it went on the market, within hours, someone came to see it and by the end of the week we had an offer. It was then that a word that was given to us through Sandy Kulkin came to my spirit concerning our house/home! God has led us every step of this journey. However, I am getting inpatient waiting for that one house He has separated for us. It did not show up within the 45 days we had to close on the house. We had to lease an apt (moving in this weekend). I have wanted so many times to think that God is not in this or that God needs my help or maybe we are missing what He is showing us, but today, through your words, God reminds me that His timing is perfect and that He does not need my help. He will fullfil His word when He knows is right for, how ever long it takes. Thank you for being willing to share this word. Blessings your way! My love to Scott and the kids. BTW, we are saving even as I write to go on a family missions trip....Venezuela sounds just right!!! Love you!
    Helga

    ReplyDelete