Wednesday, June 8, 2011

ROADTRIP!!

Today is the big day! We are on our way to Springfield, Missouri to Assemblies of God World Missions headquarters and Central Bible College for Pre-Field Orientation and Summer Missions Training.

Our family has been looking forward to this day for a long time. Two weeks of training and preparation for mom and dad and two weeks of adventures, camping, caving, meeting other new MKs from all over the US and making friends to last a lifetime for our kids.

The journey will be long, but will be worth it.

Our kids have no idea how long 16 hours in a vehicle with their siblings so close can be. But they will. Right now, the DVDs are being watched and the Nintendo DSis are being played.

But soon, the movies will all be watched, the games will all be played and the backsides will be numb. And mom and dad will get to hear the famous line, "Are we there yet?" from 5 different kids at different times over and over, enough times to drive us slightly insane.


But all in all, this will be an eventful trip for the entire family. 


I have been on many roadtrips with my parents and brothers during my growing up years. I still have fond memories of those trips and we love to laugh about all the funny things that happened along the way.

My dad always wanted to beat the land speed record to the west coast and back, 
making my mom stick her head out the window for any pictures she might want of the scenery.

My mom wanted us to look at every hill or mountain along the way, 
even waking us up from naps to make us look at another scene that looked exactly like the last.

My brothers were always in some type of game or competition involving billboards, 
license plates and the alphabet, as handheld video games were not in existence at that time. 
Or they were making fun of my mom and the ginormous video camera that sat on her shoulder 
like the TV camera-man.

I spent a good deal of time reading and listening to my "walkman." 
That was before iPods too! 
I always enjoyed the trips and the new adventure that we were embarking upon.

I guess that is why this is so exciting for me.

 It is another step in the process.

Another part of an even greater adventure that our family is preparing for.

And we can't wait to see what God has in store for us on this journey!

3 comments:

  1. We're praying for you!! ~Grant

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited for you all! Another step to your dream!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prayers of safety for you and the family! Enjoy the journey ......

    ReplyDelete